IMPACT DAY 2023
How can the relevance of research be utilized for society, the economy and politics? How can impact be transferred from within the university to the outside world? Knowledge and technology transfer are the focus of its first IMPACT DAY. As a space for encounters, the IMPACT DAY offers the opportunity to be inspired, establish new contacts, socialize and exchange ideas. The diversity of Heidelberg University in the field of transfer, from the latest inventions to social innovations, will be presented.
The IMPACT DAY will take place on May 11, 2023 for the first time and will be held in the Chemistry Lecture Hall Centre (INF 252). The day is divided into the Impact Fair - a market of opportunities - and the finale of the hei_INNOVATION ideas competition with innovation prizes in three categories in addition to a keynote and a panel on transfer at a Comprehensive Reserach Universtiy.
- 11 am to 4:30 pm - IMPACT FAIR
- 5 pm to 7 pm - Finale of the hei_INNOVATION ideas competition with award ceremony, keynote and panel discussion
- 7 pm - Get-together
At the IMPACT FAIR, not only the participants of the hei_INNOVATION Ideas Competition 2023 will present themselves with their transfer, impact and start-up ideas, but also transfer projects by members of the university from all disciplines, start-ups and spin-offs that have emerged from the university, as well as institutions of the Ruperto Carola and its partners who promote the transfer of knowledge and technologies in Heidelberg.
Interested parties can apply to participate in the IMPACT FAIR via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finale of the hei_INNOVATION ideas competition
At 5 pm, the best ideas from the hei_INNOVATION ideas competition, which the University's transfer agency launched in winter 2022, will be premiered at an evening event. In the context of this first competition, 48 ideas were submitted, of which the three best ideas in each of the categories "Social Innovation", “Science/Tech Innovation” and “Business Innovation” will be presented once again by the idea provider. The best idea in each category will be awarded an innovation price and receive prize money of € 5,000.
Programme of the finale:
- 5 pm - Welcome
- 5:10 pm - Presentation of the best ideas in the categorie 'Science and Tech Innovation'
- 5:25 pm - Presentation of the best ideas in the categorie 'Social Innovation'
- 5:40 pm - Presentation of the best ideas in the categorie 'Business Innovation'
- 5:55 pm - Audience Award vote
- 6 pm - Keynote Prof. Dr. Stephan Urban
- 6:15 pm - Panel discussion on transfer at a Comprehensive Research University, moderated by Jan-Martin Wiarda, with the Vice-Rector for Innovation and Transfer Prof. Matthias Weidemüller, Prof. Stephan Urban, Prof. Eva Blasco, Prof. Silke Hertel and Prof. Barbara Mittler
- 6:45 pm - Award ceremony for the best ideas in the ideas competition 2023
- from 7 pm - Get toghether
The event will take place in the large lecture hall of the Chemistry Lecture Hall Centre (INF 270).