Short-Term StudiesStudies Application Documents
As a part of your application for short-term studies or a temporary research stay, the following documents must be uploaded in due time:
- Written confirmation of supervision from the relevant department at Heidelberg University.
- University entrance qualification: The university entrance qualification which is needed for admission to a university in the relevant country of origin (e.g. Abitur, Baccalauréat, GCE - A&O-Levels, School Leaving Certificate etc.). This must include a list of the individual grades achieved. In addition, (with the exception of documents in German or in English) an officially certified translation of the documents into German or English must be provided.
- If applicable, enclose the following documents along with the university entrance qualification: The certificate proving successful completion of the Feststellungsprüfung.
- If applicable, enclose the following documents along with the university entrance qualification : Certificates for any university admission examinations passed abroad, including the list of individual grades achieved and, where available, the letter of admission from the foreign university. In addition, (with the exception of documents in English) an officially certified translation of the documents into German or English must be provided.
- All officially certified copies of all academic achievements completed at universities or colleges (Transcript of Records). In addition, (with the exception of documents in German or in English) an officially certified translation of the documents into German or English must be provided.
- If applicable, enclose the following along with your transcripts of record: Any higher education and university certificates already acquired. An officially certified translation in English is also required (except for documents in German and English).
- Any semester taken at an institution of higher education in Germany must be documented by enrolment certificates (original or officially certified copy) must be provided as proof for every semester which has been completed, or which is currently being completed, at an institution of higher education in Germany.
- For degree programmes taught in German: Evidence of knowledge of the German language on the level of the German language examination for university access on level 2 / DSH 2 (can be submitted subsequently until the time of registration). This evidence is not required for Master’s programmes taught in English. If the intended short-term studies do not require any German language skills, this must be noted on the support confirmation by the faculty. (Select “I am going to submit the DSH 2 evidence subsequently after admission or during registration.” in the heiCO application portal in the last two cases – This evidence requirement does not apply after review of the documents in support of your application in these cases.) .
- For applicants with certificates from Vietnam, the People's Republic of China and India: Original of the APS certificate from the relevant Academic Examination Body.
- If the short-term study is intened as a temporary research stay without the acquisition of credit points/ECTS: In addition to the above-mentioned documents, the following form must be completed by the respective department and the applicant: “Application for temporary matriculation for a transitional research stay at a faculty”
Notice on education certificates
Following their admission, applicants must subsequently submit certified copies of their submitted certificates and translations for their registration at Heidelberg University.