Psychosocial counselling for students (PCS)

Psychosocial counselling for students (PCS) is offered by the Heidelberg student services organisation (Studierendenwerk). All students of Heidelberg University and of Heidelberg University of Education can access these services. These services are also available to refugees who are enrolled at a university for which the student services organisation is responsible. You will find counselling and support for social or psychological issues here.

Our service

The student services association employs seven mental health professionals who provide both individual and group counselling sessions. At PCS, students can discuss personal issues, such as relationship problems, difficulties developing social contacts, self-esteem issues, fears and personal obstacles, difficulties at work or exam stress. It is up to students to decide whether they wish to use further available counselling services.

Counselling sessions are strictly confidential. No fees are charged.

Appointments and dates (only via secretary's office)

Opening hours

Mon to Thurs from 9:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 15:00

Fri from 9:00 to 13:00