Expanding CompetenceInternships at home and abroad
HAI members offer internships abroad and at home for students of Heidelberg University. The internships are offered in institutions where the alumni are working themselves or with which they maintain close contacts.
The aim of HAI is to establish a worldwide network – the HAIsociety – from which both alumni and students as well as the university and its partners benefit. With the establishment of programmes such as the internship offers, the network is expanded and made lively and attractive.
Registration with Heidelberg Alumni International (HAI)
TIPP: Already during your studies you can register free of charge with HAI, the coordinating office of the internship project, and benefit from the advantages of the university network!
Studies at Heidelberg University
- Current studies at Heidelberg University – your are currently enrolled at Heidelberg University and will continue your studies here after your internship; you are registered with HAI.
- Change of degree programme at Heidelberg University – you already completed some studies at Heidelberg University (e.g. Bachelor) and will continue with some other (e.g. Master); you are registered with HAI.
- Completed studies at Heidelberg University – you are no longer enrolled at Heidelberg University and you will not return, you left Heidelberg University not longer than 6 months ago; you are registered with HAI.
In case of equal qualification, preference will be given to applicants who will start or are still in their studies at Heidelberg University and will return to Heidelberg University after the internship.
Please send your complete application to the International Relations Office, for the attention of Ms Nicoline Dorn: email@example.com
- Letter of motivation in the respective national language
- Curriculum vitae in the respective national language
- Proof of language proficiency
- Academic record, if applicable degree certificate
- 1 letter of recommendation
After reviewing your documents, we will contact you for the further procedure and possible application interviews.
Applications can be submitted any time with no closing date – however, a minimum of 3 months before the planned internship starts.
Scholarships and Funding
The internships are always unpaid. Any exceptions are noted in the respective internship description.
Depending on the destination country and the internship provider, various financing options are available:
- ERASMUS Placement – application at least 1 month before your internship starts
- PROMOS Scholarships – application usually possible twice a year: Beginning of December (for activities in the following year) and Mid-April (for activities in the ongoing year)
- DAAD Scholarships – application at least 2 months before your internship starts
Please be sure to note the different application deadlines for scholarships to finance your project. They may even be earlier than those for the internship application!
Credits & Leave of Absence
Please contact your academic advisor with questions regarding the recognition of credits for the internships for your studies.
For conditions and requirements for a leave of absence, please visit the University website "Re-registration and leave of absence". There you will also be referred to the necessary documents and forms.
Please also note the University's further information on internships and internship funding abroad.
You are alumni of Heidelberg University and could offer an internship for Heidelberg students in your company / institution? Then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to discuss the further procedure with you!