Exchange ProgramsPeking University

As part of an exchange program with Peking University, two places are available for Heidelberg students. Peking University (often referred to by the Chinese as the Harvard of China) is one of the two best universities in the People's Republic of China and offers a wide range of subjects. With more than six million works, the library is the largest in Asia. Students of all subjects (except medicine) with very good Chinese language skills can apply. The language of instruction is largely Chinese, with some subjects also offered in English. Chinese courses can be attended during the course of study.

Important note for applicants: Peking University does not accept students with Chinese nationality in its exchange programs. Therefore, Heidelberg students with a Chinese passport cannot apply for the exchange with Peking University.


one semester or one academic year (September-December, January-May) - start: September 2020
Scholarship Benefits
Fee waiver. In addition, exchange students have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung.
  • At least three completed semesters at Heidelberg University at the time of starting the scholarship
  • Excellent academic performance and a very well-developed study project
  • Very good knowledge of Chinese or English

Students with Chinese passport unfortunately cannot be accepted in the exchange program at Peking University.


You can apply for the exchange programs via an online platform. Information on the required documents can be found on our pages and in the FAQs. If you have any questions about the application process, the International Relations Department's Study Abroad Infocenter will be happy to help.
Only complete applications can be considered.

Application deadline

January 22nd, 2025

Online Application

Documents to be submitted

in German or English language

  • Online application form with passport photo
  • Curriculum vitae with study history (approx. 1 page)
  • Letter of motivation/study plans (approx. 1-2 pages)
  • List of acquired certificates/transcripts (in English)
  • Chinese or English language certificates
  • Bachelor's degree certificate, if applicable
  • High school diploma
  • Letter of recommendation/review (in English)

1 letter of recommendation for students in the bachelor program // 2 letters of recommendation for applications to graduate schools

The letters of recommendation should be sent directly to auslandsstudium@zuv.uni-heidelberg.de by the lecturers!