Medical Faculty HeidelbergHealth Services Research and Implementation Science in Health Systems – Master
The overall aim of the degree programme Health Services Research and Implementation Science is to provide students with a solid foundation in health services research and implementation science principles. They will also acquire competency in using tools and methods to plan and implement effective trials in an efficient, sustainable and responsible way.
Facts & Formalities
|Degree||Master of Science|
|Type of programme||Consecutive|
|Start of programme||Winter semester only|
|Standard period of study||4 semesters|
|Language(s) of instruction||German and English|
|Fees and contributions||186.35 € / Semester|
|Application procedure||Consecutive master’s programmes with admission restriction|
|Application deadlines||Information about deadlines can be obtained after you have put together a degree program.|
The degree programme is characterized by:
- Focus on healthcare in Germany and Europe: The main focus of the course is on health care in hospitals and outpatient practices in Germany and Europe.
- Research orientation: The programme is research-oriented. Throughout the programme, research results, qualitative and quantitative methods as well as theoretical and conceptual approaches are addressed.
- Patient and stakeholder perspectives: The perspectives of the various stakeholders and especially users of health care systems are of central importance for health care research and implementation science.
- Location Heidelberg: The Medical Faculty Heidelberg – notably at the University Hospital Heidelberg – offers various opportunities to gain insight into practice and research in health care (e.g. in the context of internships, projects and theses).
The degree programme is a modular programme. In the first semesters it focusses on theoretical and methodical foundations of health care research and implementation science. This approach is complemented by compulsory elective internships or work placements in the second and third semesters. Students will finish their studies with the completion of a Master’s thesis.
Main study areas
Health care research and implementation science
- Introduction to health services research
- Introduction of implementation science
- Quality improvement and evaluation
- Organisational Development in health care organisations
Health care systems
- Management, administration and legal aspects of health care systems
- Health economic evaluation
- Health care systems
Scientific principles and methods
- Academic Skills and Academic Writing
- Qualitative research methods
- Quantitative research methods
Areas of application in health care research and implementation science
- Lecture series on current topics
- Transfer project
- Compulsory Elective Internship
- Key Competencies
Master’s thesis and colloquium