Faculty of Behavioural and Cultural StudiesEducation Studies with a Focus on Organisational Development – Master
The degree programme in Education Studies with a Focus on Organisational Development provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for designing individual, group, and organisational education, including system development, within a variety of educational settings, particularly for schools, businesses, and continuing education institutions and at a variety of levels (individual, group, team, organisational and system).
Facts & Formalities
|Degree||Master of Arts|
|Type of programme||Consecutive|
|Start of programme||Winter semester only|
|Standard period of study||4 semesters|
|Language(s) of instruction||German|
|Fees and contributions||186.35 € / Semester|
|Application procedure||Subjects with no admission restrictions|
|Application deadlines||Information about deadlines can be obtained after you have put together a degree program.|
|May be studied as a minor subject||Yes|
This degree programme, which focuses on transformation and innovation processes in education systems, is aimed at students who have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree programme in Education Studies at the Institute for Education Studies at Heidelberg University, or at graduates from other universities with equivalent degrees and corresponding qualifications.
Skills that students will acquire include:
- Identifying learning opportunities and objectives for individuals, groups, and systems within organisational contexts
- Transformation and innovation processes that enable, initiate, and shape individual learning and system development
- The ability to evaluate transformation and innovation processes in educational contexts and, through research, to support them
Overview of the Modules:
- Module 1: Education in a Globalised World
- Module 2: Learning and Skill Development
- Module 3: Innovation and Transformation in Educational Organisations
- Module 4: Management and Leadership in Educational Organisations
- Module 5: Research or Practice-Oriented Project
- Module 6: Master’s Thesis and final oral examination
- Profiles: Sociology, Psychology, Ethnology, Sport Science, Political Science, History, etc.
Module 1 consists of the development of education-theory fundamentals on a macro level and the analysis of developments within education systems.
Module 2 focuses on basic principles of learning and competency on a micro level. Modules 1 and 2 build on previously-acquired experience in a Bachelor’s degree programme in Education Studies.
Modules 3 and 4 link various theoretical perspectives (e.g. grounded theory, process theory, and intervention-related theory) for the purpose of shaping and changing educational organisations.
Modules 5 and 6 provide the framework for an independent and competency-based analysis of the different areas of this subject. This structure allows for a field-specific and competency-oriented design of the modules. Project module 5 focuses on the design and implementation of a project that must be either research-related or application-oriented. Module 6 consists of an independently-prepared Master’s thesis along with the final oral examination.