To strengthen the transfer of knowledge between research, society and politics.
Object of Funding
Heidelberg University wants to increasingly include topics from politics and society in its research and communicate the results of its research to politics and society. In this context, the Field of Focus 3 supports projects that design and implement science communication, but also policy advice for the humanities. Science communication is to be understood as a two-way process between politics/society and science. In particular, but not exclusively, knowledge transfer is intended to strengthen profile building in the priority topics of Field of Focus 3. These topics are currently:
- Cultural Heritage
- Knowledge research with a focus on practices of validity
- Transformation processes (Environmental Humanities)
- Area Studies
- Digital Humanities (Digital Heritage/Digital Linguistics)
Contacting colleagues of already funded central projects is recommended before applying (Forum Digital Humanities, Thematic Research Network Wissengeltung and Thematic Research Network Stiftungen in der Longue Durée).
Type of Funding
It can be applied for material and personnel funds (assitance funds). The financing of basic equipment-relevant positions is possible (this concerns workplace equipment, consumables, etc.).
Maximum Application Amount
8,000 EUR (justified exceptions are possible after consultation)
All employees of Heidelberg University who have at least graduated are eligible to apply.
Before submitting a proposal in this funding line, it is recommended to consult the office of the Research Council of FoF 3:
- Abstract on project idea and implementation (max. 2,000 characters)
- Communication concept/project plan (max. 10,000 characters) comprehensive:Project title
- Abstract zu Projektidee und Umsetzung (max. 2.000 Zeichen)
- Analysis of communication/transfer needs
- Operationalization (goals, target groups, strategy)
- Action planning
- Time and cost plan
- Evaluation planning
- Concise information about the applicant
- Maximum 10 pages in total (usual font size etc.).
The application is possible at anytime, depending on the budget. Please note the meeting dates of the Research Council: Applications must be received 14 days before the next meeting in order to be included on the agenda. Applications should be sent in electronic form (summarized in a PDF document) to Dr. Nele Schneidereit with the subject "FoF 3-Tagungsfond". Receipt of your application will be acknowledged within five working days.
The application will be submitted to the FoF 3 proposal Research Council (RC). The RC will make a funding recommendation, on which the Rectorate will decide. If you have any questions regarding the calls, please contact Dr. Nele Schneidereit by e-mail.