Call for proposalsMobility in International Research Collaborations
Funding period 1.1.2022 – 31.12.2023
The project “Expanding Internationality” is part of the Excellence Strategy of Heidelberg University. The project comprises a funding programme for promoting mobility in international research collaborations. Applications may be submitted by university professors and postdocs of Heidelberg University. A letter of recommendation from the director of the respective academic institute / centre is to be included.
Special consideration shall be given to: multilateral cooperation projects with international partners, development of thematic networks, and cooperation projects that are not apt for current funding by DAAD, DFG etc. PhD students can also be included in the mobility activities. (Please note: This programme does not provide funding for individual dissertation projects which are not part of a comprehensive cooperation, nor for participation in conferences.)
Funding can be used for
- travel and accommodation costs for short-term mobility measures (1 – 21 days) by researchers of Heidelberg University and international partner institutions
- mobility grants (1 – 6 months) for doctoral students and postdocs of Heidelberg University and international partner institutions
- tangible means (e.g. for the realization of joint workshops with project partners).
Maximum funding per project is € 15.000 per year. Proposals can be submitted for the period from 1.1.2022 – 31.12.2023. Financial participation of international partner institutions is desirable, but not compulsory.
Proposals should include
- description of the research or networking project
- information on the international partner(s)
- description of the expected added value for the project and/or Heidelberg University that is gained by the international cooperation
- financial plan for the planned activities.
Proposals for the funding period 1.1.2022-31.12.2023 shall be submitted by e-mail (if possible in one pdf file) to the Director of the International Relations Office, Dr. Joachim Gerke. Application deadline: 15th October, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection of projects will be realized by a commission headed by the Vice-Rector for International Affairs.
Projects, which were selected for funding in 2020 and 2021 but could not, or only partly, be realized because of the Covid-19 pandemic, can be submitted again (in an updated version).