Rector of Heidelberg UniversityCurriculum Vitae (short)
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Dr. h.c. Bernhard Eitel
Dr. h.c. Comenius University Bratislava
Rector of Heidelberg University
Born in 1959 in Karlsruhe.
|1994||Habilitation, Department of Geography, University of Stuttgart|
|1989||Doctorate, Department of Geography, University of Stuttgart (with Honours)|
|1980–1986||Staatsexamen, Geography and German, University of Karlsruhe (TH)|
|Since 2007||Rector of Heidelberg University|
|Since 2001||Full Professorship (C4) of Physical Geography, Director of the Institute of Geography, Heidelberg University|
|2001||Offered full professorship of Physical Geography, University of Bayreuth (declined)|
|2000||Offered full professorship (C4) of Physical Geography, University of Göttingen (declined)|
|1995||Professor (C3) of Physical Geography, University of Passau|
|1989–1995||Akademischer Rat (Associate Professor), Department of Geography, University of Stuttgart|
|1989||Scientist at the Department of Geography, University of Stuttgart|
|1986–1989||Scientist at the Department of Geography and Geoecology, University of Karlsruhe (TH)|
- Eitel, B. (2000): Different amounts of pedogenic palygorskite in South West African Cenozoic calcretes: Geomorphological, palaeoclimatical and methodological implications. – Z. Geomorph. N. F. Suppl.-Bd. 121, S. 139–149.
- Eitel, B., Eberle, J. & Kuhn, R. (2002): Holocene environmental change in the Otjiwarongo thornbush savanna (Northern Namibia): Evidence from soils and sediments. – Catena 47: 43–62.
- Eitel, B., van der Borg, K., Eberle, J. & Megies, H. (2002): Late Pleistocene / Early Holocene glacial history of northern Andréeland (Northern Spitsbergen / Svalbard Archipelago): evidence from glacial and fluvio-glacial deposits. – Z. Geomorph. N. F. 46: 337–364.
- Eitel, B., Hecht, S., Mächtle, B., Schuhkraft, G.,Kadereit, A., Wagner, G. A., Kromer, B., Unkel, I. & Reindel, M. (2005): Geoarchaeological evidence from desert loess in the Nazca-Palpa region, southern Peru: Palaeoenvironmental changes and their impact on Pre-Columbian cultures. – Archaeometry 47: 137–185.
- Eitel, B., Kadereit, A., Blümel, W. D., Hüser, K. Lomax, J. & Hilgers, A. (2006): Fluvial deposits in the Upper Hoanib river catchment, northwestern Namibia: New evidence of environmental changes before and after the Last Glacial Maximum at the eastern Namib Desert Margin. – Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 234: 201–222.
- Eitel, B. & Mächtle, B. (2009): Man and environment in the eastern Atacama Desert (Southern Peru): Holocene climate changes and their impact on Pre-Columbian cultures. In: Reindel, M. & Wagner, G.A. (ed.): New Technologies for Archaeology, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 17–37.