Welcome to the Nikon Imaging Center at the University of Heidelberg
Special Covid 19 regulations as of July 22, 2020
Because of Covid 19, the use of the Nikon Imaging Center is only possible under some restrictions that are briefly outlined in the following.
If you want to use one of our microscopes please send us a training request as described on the booking page. At the moment, we only conduct individual training sessions where FFP2 masks must be worn. Depending on the dynamics of the pandemic, we reserve the right to refuse training if it is predictably time-consuming and can only take place at a small physical distance (some microscopes are located in very confined rooms).
All microscopes can be used simultaneously. However only a single person is allowed to work on one microscope at a time. After consultation with the NIC team, it is also possible for two people to work together if there are important reasons for this. Both persons must keep 1.5m distance to each other if possible and wear a medical face mask. Working in pairs on a microscope must remain the exception. Permission to do so must be obtained each time, stating the reasons.
The following number of persons is allowed in our rooms (except by special arrangement):
- Room U04 (2 analysis PCs): 2 persons with medical face mask (not required if there's only one).
- Room U13 (C2, ERS-6): 2 persons with medical face mask (not required if there's only one).
- Room U15 (Ni-E, VoX-Ti, TIRF, Ti-TuCam): 4 persons. On the Ni-E and the Ti-TuCam the curtain must be closed and for the VoX-Ti and the TIRF the cabin doors must be closed. If you are the only person in a cabin or behind a curtain, you don't have to wear a medical face mask.
- Room U29 (Ti-HCS, Ti-Crest, N-SIM): 3 persons with medical face mask (not required if there's only one).
- Room U36 (InviSPIM + A1R confocal): 2 persons with medical face mask (not required if there's only one).
There must be an interval of 30 minutes between two bookings of a microscope. For example, if the VoX-Ti is booked in U15 from 14:00h - 16:00h, the next booking can therefore only take place from 16:30h. The other microscopes in the room can continue to be used during this time.
Please wash your hands with soap for 30 seconds before and after a session. Microscope eyepieces should always be disinfected with ethanol. Precise hygiene measures are available at the microscope workstations.
Bearbeiter: Christian Ackermann
Latest Revision: 2021-02-26