General Outline of "Cultural Memories"
- Which social and biological factors influence the adoption and processing of information? From cognition to knowledge? How are the various types of knowledge transmitted between sender and receiver? The positions of psychology and brain research.
- Psychology of memory. How are individual and collective memories formed and retained? What is the influence of spatial and cultural contexts? Which semiotic codes are used?
- The Spaces of Cultural Representation. Where do we store our knowledge? What is the role of monuments, museums and memorials for establishing and sustaining cultural memories? How can the built environment serve as a memento and as a trigger for memories?
- What are the ordering principles of different storage locations (brain, libraries, museums, memorials)? Theatres of memory.
- Persistence and change of cultural memories.
Latest Revision: 2016-04-01