Tel: +49 6221 547861
- Since 9/2017 Member of the Research Group ‚The Transcultural Heritage of Northwest Australia: Dynamics and Resistances’ at the Excellence Initiative Project ‚Transcultural Studies’, Heidelberg University
- 2016 – 2017: Affiliate member at Cluster of Excellence ‚Asia and Europe in a Global Context’ Heidelberg University
- 2013 – 2016 Doctoral Researcher and Member of the Research Group ‚Waterscapes in a Transcultural Perspective’ (MC9) at Cluster of Excellence ‚Asia and Europe in a Global Context’ Heidelberg University
- 2006 – 2012: Magistra Artium (M.A.) Anthropology and Religious Studies, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
"Water as a contested element between cosmological, environmental and economic ascriptions and knowledges in Bali"
10/2010 – 08/2012: Institute of Anthropology, Research Assistant (Prof. Dr. Annette Hornbacher)
02/2009 – 08/2009: Reiss-Engelhorn Museum Mannheim, Research Assistant for Exhibition ‚Klang der Kulturen’
Stepan, L. (2017) Balinese wet rice agriculture in transition: water knowledge between a sentient ecology and the pursuit of development. In R. Baghel; L. Stepan and J. Hill (eds.) Water, Knowledge and the Environment in Asia. Epistemologies, practices and locales. London, New York: Routledge.
Baghel, R. & Stepan, L. (2017) Contextualising the Anthropocene: The cultures, practices and politics of water knowledge in Asia. In R. Baghel; L. Stepan and J. Hill (eds.) Water, Knowledge and the Environment in Asia. Epistemologies, practices and locales. London, New York: Routledge.
Baghel, R; Stepan, L. and Hill, J. (eds.) (2017) Water, Knowledge and the Environment in Asia. Epistemologies, practices and locales. London, New York: Routledge. (https://www.routledge.com/Water-Knowledge-and-the-Environment-in-Asia-Epistemologies-practices/Baghel-Stepan-Hill/p/book/9781138685550)
- 2014 – 2016: Doctoral Scholarship holder funded by the Excellence Initiative of the German Research Foundation (DFG), the Cluster of Excellence ‚Asia and Europe in a Global Context: The Dynamics of Transculturality’ at the University of Heidelberg
- 2010 : DAAD Scholarship (German Academic Exchange Service) (funding used for research assistant activities at Divine Word University Madang, Papua New Guinea)
- 2010: European Federation Erasmus Grant for international Internships (funding used for internship at NGO UpToYouToo, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
09/2015 – 11/2015: Tabanan, Bali, Indonesien (affiliated at Universitas Udayana, Bali)
04/2015 – 05/2015: Tabanan, Bali, Indonesien
05/2014 – 08/2014: Tabanan, Bali, Indonesien
- ‚Epistemologies of Water in Asia‘ with Dr. Ravi Baghel; Internat. workshop at Karl Jaspers Center for Advanced Transcultural Studies, Heidelberg, 13.14. December 2014
- ‚Waterscapes in Bali and Beyond. Shifting Paradigms of Purity and Pollution’ with Prof. Annette Hornbacher; Internat. workshop in collaboration with Universitas Hindu Indonesia, Bali, Indonesia 22.24. September 2015
- ‚The Indian Ocean World and Eurasian Connections’ Summer School on ‚Connectivity in Motion: People, Ideas, and Animals across the Indian Ocean, at Center for Interdisciplinary Area Studies (ZIRS) at the Martin Luther University HalleWittenberg, funded by Volkswagen Foundation grant