Institut für Politische Wissenschaft
Bergheimer Str. 58, Room 03.022
Phone: (+49) 6221 543419
Please make an appointment via e-mail.
Simon Schaub studied Political Science at Heidelberg University from 2011 until 2017. Besides, he spent one semester at Monash University Melbourne in Australia in 2016. He graduaded with a Master of Arts degree in September 2017. His master's thesis was written on the subject of regulation of risk technologies in the European Union. In detail, the thesis examinded voting behavior of Members of the European Parliament on resolutions on the approval of genetically modified organisms. Since October 2017, Simon Schaub is employed as academic assistant at Prof. Dr. Jale Tosun's Chair of Political Science.
Current research project
- Effect-Net: A multi-scale effect network for hazard identification and risk evaluation of high consumption chemicals in aquatic ecosystems - Drugs, pharmaceuticals and food additives - from receptors to biodiversity. Funded by MWK Baden-Württemberg (www.effect-net-wasser.de/). A project description can be found here.
- Schaub, Simon (2019). Salient to Whom? The Positioning of German Political Parties on Agricultural Pollutants in Water Bodies. Water 11(11), 2278, doi: 10.3390/w11112278.
- Schaub, Simon and Jale Tosun (2019). Spurenstoffeinträge in Gewässer: Der Einfluss von Vertrauen in Akteure auf die Problemwahrnehmung. Zeitschrift für Umweltpolitik und Umweltrecht 42(2), 185-213.
- Hartung, Ulrich and Simon Schaub (2018). The Regulation of Genetically Modified Organisms on a Local Level: Exploring the Determinants of Cultivation Bans. Sustainability, 10(10), 3392, doi: 10.3390/su10103392.
- Tosun, Jale and Simon Schaub (2017). Mobilization in the European public sphere: The struggle over GMOs. Review of Policy Research, 34(3), 310-330, doi: 10.1111/ropr.12235.
- Funding for a workshop titled "Integrated Assessment Modelling of Water Governance" which will be held in September 2018 (funded by the Water Research Network Baden Württemberg; joint application by Dr. Andreas Fleig, Dr. Sanam Vardag, and Simon Schaub): 18.000 €.