Welcome to the Nikon Imaging Center at the University of Heidelberg
Special Covid 19 regulations as of July 22, 2020
We resume our training activity on most systems. If you want to use one of our microscopes please send us a training request as described on the booking page. At the moment we do only indivdual trainings.
All microscopes can now be used again simultaneously. However only a single person is allowed to work on one microscope at a time. After consultation with the NIC team, it is also possible for two people to work together if there are important reasons for this. Both persons must keep 1.5m distance to each other if possible and wear a face mask. Working in pairs on a microscope must remain the exception. Permission to do so must be obtained each time, stating the reasons.
The following number of persons is allowed in our rooms (except by special arrangement):
- Room U04 (2 analysis PCs): 2 persons with face mask (not required if there's only one).
- Room U13 (C2, ERS-6): 2 persons with face mask (not required if there's only one).
- Room U15 (Ni-E, VoX-Ti, TIRF): 3 persons. On the Ni-E the curtain must be closed and for the VoX-Ti and the TIRF the cabin doors must be closed. If you are the only person in a cabin or behind a curtain, you don't have to wear a face mask.
- Room U29 (Ti-HCS, Ti-TuCam, N-SIM): 3 persons with face mask (not required if there's only one).
- Room U36 (InviSPIM + A1r confocal): 2 persons with face mask (not required if there's only one).
There must be a 30 minutes gap between two bookings of one particular microscope. For example, if the VoX-Ti in U15 is booked from 14 - 16h, then the next booking can only be made from 16:30. The TIRF and the Ni-E can continue to be used during this time.
Please wash your hands with soap for 30 seconds before and after a session. Microscope eyepieces should always be disinfected with ethanol. Precise hygiene measures are available at the microscope workstations.
Bearbeiter: Christian Ackermann
Latest Revision: 2020-07-21