Getting off to a Good Start in Heidelberg
Our Services in Detail
Heidelberg University is a family-oriented employer. The Dual Career Service was established in order to support the partners of newly-hired professors and postdoctoral researchers as they continue their own careers in the Rhine-Neckar region.
The Dual Career Service offers:
- information about employment opportunities at Heidelberg University and with other employers in the region
- career and job application coaching
- help and support during the application process
- guidance on advanced qualifications
- participation in internal seminars and events
- direct contact with cooperation partners
- close collaboration with university service facilities
To be accepted postdocs must:
- be a new hire or a research fellow in scientific service at Heidelberg University
- have a contract period of at least 24 months or a somewhat shorter contract with appropriate lead time
We are happy to meet with you personally to discuss your career desires and goals and to work together to develop your strategy to meet those goals.
Although there are many employers in Heidelberg and the surrounding area, the Dual Career Service cannot guarantee a job placement. Support by the Dual Career Service can be taken advantage of for up to 12 months.