Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Andreas Kruse (Dipl.-Psych.)
Director of the Gerontology Institute
University of Heidelberg
Prof. Kruse is a member of the Deutsche Ethikrat. He is also chairman of the Commission for Report on the Elderly for the German government. From 1998 to 2002, he was part of a 15-member expert commission for the United Nations. His work concentrates especially on how to age productively, the consequences of demographic changes, rehabilitation intervention research and palliative medicine.
He is head of the Gerontology Institute which conducts research across the disciplines (psychology, medicine, ethics, science of education). It is funded by EU, DFG, BMBF, BMG, BMFSFJ, Robert Bosch Stiftung, VW-Stiftung, General Zukunftsfonds, Hopp Stiftung, Deutscher Stiftverband.
Department in FIIT
XIII. Theological Diaconal Studies and Sociological Research
- The Resources of the Elderly for Society
- The quality of life of people with dementia
- Study of the middle and upper age ranges
- Palliative Care and End of Life Care
- Ethical and political concepts on the challenges of the demographic chances
|Bergheimer Str. 20|
Tel: +49 (0) 62 21/54 81 80
Fax: +49 (0) 62 21/54 5961