Jun.Prof. Dr. Anca Balietti
Bergheimer Str. 20
Phone: +49-6221-54 8012
Office hour: Please make an appointment via email
Personal website: ancabalietti.net
- Environmental economics
- Development economics
- Health economics
- Climate change economics
- Economics of growth and green growt
Education and Employment
- starting December 2018: Assistant Professor (Junior Professor) AWI, Heidelberg University
- March 2016 – June 2018: Post-doctoral fellow Harvard University
- December 2015: PhD in Economics, University of Zurich
- June 2010: MSc in Finance, University of Lausanne
- June 2008: BSc in Finance, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies
- Trader types and volatility of emission allowance prices. Evidence from EU ETS Phase I, Energy Policy (2016), 98: 607-620.
- Baseline choice and performance implications for REDD, Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy (2015), 5.1: 79-124, with J. Gheyssens.
- Is there room for geoengineering in the optimal climate policy mix?, Journal of Environmental Science and Policy (2015), 48: 67-76, with O. Bahn, M. Chesney, J. Gheyssens, and R. Knutti.
Environmental Finance and Investments, Springer Texts in Business and Economics (2015), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, with M. Chesney, J. Gheyssens, and L. Taschini.
– A Chinese edition of this book has been published in 2016.
The impact of indoor solid fuel use on the stunting of Indian children, with S. Datta (Glasgow University).
Public hearings for cleaner mines? Evidence from the Environmental Clearance Process in India, with Lucy Page, Rohini Pande, Kevin Rowe, and Anant Sudarshan.
Long-term Investment Choices for Quinoa Farmers in Puno, Peru: A Real Options Approach, with Marc Chesney and Carlos Vargas.
The role of repeated trainings for the correct usage of household green products: A field experiment in rural India, with Rohini Pande (Harvard University), Giorgia Barboni (Princeton University), Parul Agarwal (IFMR), and Daniel Sweeney (MIT).