Nikon/Andor Ti-TuCam microscope
Profile: Twin-camera system that allows for the simultaneous detection of two signals in widefield.
A digital micromirror device (DMD) from Nikon for photoactivation and photoconversion experiments is also available.
The Nikon/Andor TuCam system is a fully automated Nikon Ti2-microscope with an adaptor that holds two cameras on one port, allowing to image two wavelength at the same time. These cameras are the new Andor Neo sCMOS models with 2560 x 2160 (5.5M) pixel sensors, a pixel area of 6.5 x 6.5 μm and a well number of 30,000 electrons. They can be cooled down to -40°C and offer a sustained readout rate of 30 frames per second (100 fps burst rate).
Neuronal growth cone imaged in Ti-TuCam
The DMD module enables photoactivation and photoconversion of a user-specified pattern and position(s), whereas the conventional FRAP unit only enables photoactivation of a single, manually-positioned spot. The DMD illumination shape, size, position and number can be freely customized using the NIS-Elements software. This capability allows researchers to optically mark a subset of cells or protein populations within a single cell or multiple cells to track their behavior. The DMD module is also optimally suited for optogenetics experiments in which highly customized ROIs can be used to optically induce functional changes in subsets of cells or protein populations. On the Ti-TuCam the DMD module is used with LED illumination.
- Nikon Plan Fluor 10x NA 0.3 (working distance 15.2 mm), corrected for 0.17mm coverslips (= type #1.5).
- Nikon S Plan Fluor ELWD 20x NA 0.45 (working distance 8.2 - 6.9mm) adjustable for glas and plastic bottom dishes with a thickness between 0 and 2 mm).
- Nikon Plan Apo VC 20x NA 0.75 (working distance 1 mm), corrected for 0.17mm coverslips (= type #1.5).
- Nikon Apo LWD 40x NA 1.15 λS water immersion objective (working distance 0.59 - 0.61mm), adjustable for coverslips from 0.15 - 0.19mm thickness.
- Nikon Plan Apo VC 60x NA 1.4 oil immersion objective (working distance 0.13mm), corrected for 0.17mm coverslips (= type #1.5).
- Nikon Plan Fluor 100x NA 1.3 oil immersion objective (working distance 0.16mm), corrected for 0.17mm coverslips (= type #1.5).
Single Camera Filters:
- ex 390/22 - bs 420 - em 460/50 ("DAPI")
- ex 438/24 - bs 458 - em 483/32 ("CFP")
- ex 472/30 - bs 495 - em 520/35 ("EGFP")
- ex 500/24 - bs 520 - em 542/27 ("YFP")
- ex 562/40 - bs 593 - em 624/40 ("TxRed")
- ex 632/22 - bs 660 - em 692/40 ("Cy5")
Dual Camera Filters:
1a. in microscope: ex 416+501 - bs 440+520 (dual CFP/YFP)
1b. in TuCam: em CFP (back camera), em YFP (left camera) bs 510
2a. in microscope: ex 468+520 - bs 492+574 (dual eGFP/mRFP)
2b. in TuCam: em 515/30 (back camera), em 605/70 (left camera) bs 580
Fluorescence light sources:For normal widefield fluorescence:
Lumencor Sola SE 5-LCR-SB
Environmental control:Onstage incubator from TokaiHit. Suitable for dishes up to 96 well plates.
Bearbeiter: Christian Ackermann
Latest Revision: 2018-11-29