Manfred Lautenschlaeger Award
for Theological Promise
The Awards Committee is pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 Manfred Lautenschlaeger Award for Theological Promise:
Henreckson, David (Princeton University)
Hicks-Keeton, Jill (Duke University)
Huang, Ying (University of Heidelberg)
Kantzer-Komline, Han-luen (University of Notre Dame)
Larsen, Matthew (Yale University)
Newheiser, David (University of Chicago)
Proctor, Travis (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
Stewart-Kroeker, Sarah (Princeton Theological Seminary)
Wojtulewicz, Christopher M. (King's College London)
The award ceremony will take place in the “Alte Aula,” the Old Hall of the University of Heidelberg, Germany, in the afternoon of May 15, 2020.
International Announcement of The Manfred Lautenschlaeger Award for Theological Promise 2021
The Forschungszentrum Internationale und Interdisziplinaere Theologie (FIIT) at the University of Heidelberg (Research Center for International and Interdisciplinary Theology),Germany,
invites applications for
THE MANFRED LAUTENSCHLAEGER AWARD
FOR THEOLOGICAL PROMISE
on the topic
GOD AND SPIRITUALITY
The Manfred Lautenschlaeger Award for Theological Promise 2021 will be given to ten scholars. The celebration of the Awards will take place at the University of Heidelberg in May 2021. The winners will receive a prize of € 3,000 each.
The application deadline for the 2021 Award is May 31, 2020.
Applications have to be based on the accepted doctoral dissertation or first book after the dissertation and can come from all religious traditions and from all academic fields.
Applicants should be no older than 35 years. It is not possible to apply for the Award a second time after an unsuccessful attempt.
For your application, please send in:
One copy in the original language of the dissertation or first book published after the dissertation;
and 5 copies each of the following items (all in English, and please do not staple):
- the fully completed Application Form (http://www.uni-heidelberg.de/md/fiit/application_form.pdf);
- a short statement describing how the dissertation or book addresses or fits the topic ”God and Spirituality“ (broadly understood)
- a fifteen to twenty-page summary of the work in English (please insert page numbers);
- a table of contents of the publication (in English);
- two detailed recommendations in English by full professors based on the accepted doctoral dissertation or the published first post-doctoral work. They should be written on official letterhead from the university/college and signed by the professor.
Only complete applications can be considered (31 items in all). Please send all documents (hard copies) to the following address:
Theologisches Seminar, Universität Heidelberg
z.Hd. Prof. Michael Welker
An international, interdisciplinary and multi-religious board of distinguished scholars evaluates and ranks the applications.
For further information, please contact michael.welker[at]ts.uni-heidelberg.de.
This announcement can be downloaded here.