Q1. Have my paper documents arrived?

A. We are sorry, but we handle about 1000 applications and cannot look to
see if your documents have arrived. Please just make sure you send them by
the best route that you can afford.

Q2. Am I eligible, how about my chances?

A. We are sorry, but we handle about 1000 applications and cannot do a prechecking. Country-specific information on educational qualifications is to be found at: http://www.anabin.de

Q2. My TOEFL result is not available yet. Can I send it later?

A. Yes. If you are shortlisted for interview, the interview will be in
English and we can use it to judge your English competence.

Q3. My TOEFL result has expired ...

A. We accept it even if it has expired

Q4: My TOEFL (any other test) score is not high enough - could I get admission

A:  No -we offer so many possibilites,so we are strict in the fulfillment

Q5. How many reference letters do you need? Shall I send paper copies?

A. We do not require reference letters. We have found that practices across
the world are so different that we cannot compare letters from different
countries. If, however, you have some experience of work, or have spent time
in a laboratory, you should send a letter that confirms that you had this
experience, and that letter can include an evaluation of your performance.

Q6. Do you give scholarships?

The Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research (HIGS) offers competitive MSc fellowships to outstanding applicants from all over the world, enabling them to enroll in the MSc program Molecular Biosciences (for Major Cancer Biology applicants only).
International students can apply for a DAAD scholarship

Q7. I will only get my degree certificate in September. Is that too late?

A. You must have your degree certificate when you finally enroll for the
programme. The latest possible time to have it is when you go to the
university office to register in person, so you need to have it before you
leave home. Also, it may be required before you can get your visa.

Q8. What do I need to get the visa?

A. This varies from country to country. Please contact your local consulate
or look at their Web site.

Q9. When should I apply for the visa?

A. It is essential that you start the application process as soon as you
have your letter saying you are accepted for the programme. Allow at least 8
weeks before you plan to leave! If the consulate gives you an interview date
after the proramme as started, however, please contact us. We will, however,
only help if you submitted your application well in advance.

Q10. The university says I need to send proof of finance for the course. Do I really have to send that now?

A. No. But you will definitely need it before you can get a visa.

Q11. The University says I need to send a photocopy of my passport. I don't have a passport yet. What do I do?

A Send a photocopy of some other form of identity card.

Q12: Why should I send my application in duplicate?

A the selection committees work independently. You should provide them with the material . If you only submit one copy, only one committee will receive it. It is a statement of your motivation. For the second package, uncertified copies are sufficient.

Q13: The University says I can use my English written Bachelor thesis as proof of English language skills. But my thesis will be finished after the applicaiton deadline. Will you accept them later?

A The language proof could be submitted at the time of enrollment in October

Q14: How do I get a certificate stating that my thesis had been in English?

A Come to the coordinators office, show your thesis and get the certificate.

webmaster: E-Mail
Letzte Änderung: 05.02.2014
zum Seitenanfang/up