Quality Objectives in Student Affairs and Teaching
On 26/06/2012, the senate adopted quality objectives in Student Affairs and Teaching at Heidelberg University:
In line with the mission statement and the constitution, Heidelberg University's degree programmes are based on department-specific, interdisciplinary and practical goals for comprehensive academic education and for the students' future careers.
The resulting competency profile is included in the module handbooks as a universally valid qualification profile and is implemented in the specific qualification objectives as well as the curricula and modules of the individual degree programmes:
- Development of professional competencies with a pronounced research orientation;
- Development of a trans-disciplinary dialogue competence;
- Development of practical problem-solving skills;
- Development of personal and social competencies;
- Promotion of disposition to assume social responsibility based on the acquired competencies.
The respective hand-outs, both for the wording of competence-oriented subject-specific and generic qualification objectives and for developing and revising module handbooks can be found under downloads .
In order to complete these qualification profiles, the following measures will be implemented:
- Close ties between research and teaching in all phases of the academic programmes;
- Facilitation of trans-disciplinary approaches through development of suitable courses;
- Awareness of the social dimensions of the departments;
- Improvement of the quality of courses based on student evaluations
- Further development of criteria for improved learning-teaching-quality based on results and findings from training and learning research as well as on student evaluations in subject surveys;
- Optimisation of the study environment for an increasingly diverse student population;
- Providing graduates with support for a successful transition to their respective careers through appropriate integration of interdisciplinary and practical competencies in the curricula, as well as organisational and advisory assistance.
The comprehensive hand-out is available under downloads.