Studying with Children

Evelyn Kuttikattu, M.A.

Hauptstraße 126
69117 Heidelberg
Fon: +49(0)6221 54-7697
Fax: +49(0)6221 54-7271

Contact via email

Consultation hours:
Mon-Thu 8:30 -12:00 am

For counseling please make an appointment via phone or email

Home > Courses >

Supplement child allowance


Unihd Kidsclub 6359Since 2005, parents with low income can claim supplemental subsidy of the Federal Employment Agency. The so-called supplement child allowance is paid to parents who can cover their own cost of living, but not their child-ren's, provided that the underage children live in the same household as their parents.

For up to three years the Federal Employment Agency pays 170€ per month and child eligible for child allowance. Supplement child allowance is paid independently from other payments like unemployment pay II, social benefits or social welfare. Application forms and an information sheet are available at the Family Benefits Office of the Federal Employment Agency and at

Editor: Email
Latest Revision: 2017-06-22
zum Seitenanfang/up