Welcome Centre for International Scholars
Tel. +49 6221 54-12721 / -12725 Fax  +49 6221 54-12790

Homepage Welcome Centre

Important addresses

Income Tax Return

If you were employed in Germany and income taxes were deducted from your employment income, you should submit an income tax return to the tax office (Finanzamt) in your city of residence by May 31 of the following year.

You can download and fill out all of the necessary forms for your income tax return online at . These forms can also be filled out by hand and then submitted to the tax office.

It is also possible to submit your income tax return electronically. There is more information about the electronic income tax return (ELSTER) at . Further, you can buy computer software for completing an income tax return, you can join an income tax assistance organization (Lohnsteuer-Hilfeverein) or if your tax return is complicated, you can also consult a tax accountant.

Email: Editor
Latest Revision: 2016-09-26
zum Seitenanfang/up