About the Faculty
The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences unites the three disciplines Economics, Sociology, and Political Science in a common research and teaching effort. Based on their disciplinary strength, the three disciplines cooperate in the analysis of economic, political and social institutions as the framework shaping behaviour in the economic, political, and social domain.
The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences consists of:
- Alfred-Weber-Institute for Economics (AWI)
- Max-Weber-Institute for Sociology (MWI)
- Institute for Political Science (IPW)
- the sections of Economics and Political Science at the South Asia Institute, and
- the Master’s programme “Nonprofit Management & Governance“ at the Centre for Social Investment (CSI).