Team - Dr. Karlijn van den Broek
Dr. Karlijn van den Broek
Room: 323, 3.OG
Bergheimer Str. 20
Tel: 54 8017
Mental models & Decision-making
- Environmental literacy
Co-PI in the interdisciplinary MultiTip project within which she investigates mental models on the Nile perch fishery among Lake Victoria stakeholders.
She is part of a select team that is trained at the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership, funded by the Robert-Bosch-Stiftung. The 2-year program trains the next generation of leaders in sustainability and transformation research in Europe.
Education and Employment:
June 2017-present Postdoctoral researcher, University of Heidelberg
Dec. 2016 PhD in Environmental Psychology, University of Bath (Trivial corrections)
Sept. 2012 MSc. Social Psychology, University of Groningen (With distinction/Cum Laude)
Sept. 2011 Bsc. Psychology, University of Groningen
Van den Broek, K.L. (2019). Stakeholders' perceptions of the socio‐economic and environmental challenges at Lake Victoria. Lakes & Reservoirs: Research & Management, 00:1–7. https://doi.org/10.1111/lre.12275
Van den Broek, K.L. (2019). Household Energy Literacy: A critical review and a conceptual typology. Energy Research & Social Science, 57, 101256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.erss.2019.101256
Van den Broek, K.L., Walker, I. & Klöckner, C.A. (2019). Drivers of energy saving behaviour: The relative influence of intentional, situational and habitual processes. Energy Policy, 132, 811-819. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2019.06.048
Van den Broek, K.L. & Walker. I. (2019). Exploring Perceptions of the Drivers of Energy Behaviour. Energy Policy, 129, 1297-1305. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2019.03.033
van den Broek, K.L. & Walker. I. (2019). Heuristics in energy judgement tasks. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 62, 95-104. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2019.02.008
- van den Broek, K.L. (2018). Illuminating divergence in perceptions in natural resource management: A case for the investigation of the heterogeneity in mental models. Journal of Dynamic Decision Making, 4, 2. doi:10.11588/10.11588/jddm.2018.1.51316
van den Broek, K.L., Bolderdijk, J.W. & Steg, L. (2017). Individual differences in values determine the relative persuasiveness of biospheric, economic and combined appeals. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 53, 145-156. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvp.2017.07.009
- Van den Broek, K.L. (2019). Paper presenting a framework for stakeholder engagement in sustainability research. Submitted for publication.
- Fischer, H., Ramisch, K.L., van den Broek, K. & Okan, Y. (in prep.) Paper investigating policymakers’ understanding of IPCC graphs on climate-related health risks.
- Van den Broek, K.L., Luomba, J. van den Broek, J. & Fischer, H. (submitted). Paper introducing and validating a mental model elicitation tool for illiterate populations among fishers in Tanzania.
- Van den Broek, K.L. & Fisher, H. (in prep.). Paper investigating fishers’ mental models on fish stock in Tanzania.
- Van den Broek, K.L. & Fisher, H. (in prep.). Paper exploring the role of climate change in fishers’ mental models on fish stock in Tanzania.