We study how nature shapes preferences and incentives of economic agents and how this in turn affects common-pool resource management. To this end, we will develop instructive theoretical models and validate these by data analysis and economic experiments in the field (fisheries in Norway, Chile, and Tanzania).
For more detailed information on our research please explore the research pages.
NEWS AND ACTIVITIES:
- April 2020: Frikk Nesje will present "Early warning signals" at the Frisch Center on April 15th: Link
- March to April 2020: Florian Diekert and Tillmann Eymess from the NATCOOP team will travel to Tanzania for the third wave of data collection.
- March 2020: Frikk Nesje will present "Early warning signals" at the 4th Oxford workshop on Global Priorities Research on March 16th-17th: Link
- January 2020: Frikk Nesje presented "Cross-dynastica intergenerational altruism" at the University of Copenhagen on January 21st and at the Norwegian School of Economics on January 31st.
- January 2020: Tillmann Eymess presented a new research idea in the Internal Seminar at the Economics Faculty in Heidelberg.
- December 2019: Frikk Nesje presented "Cross-dynastic intergenerational altruism" at the University of Oxford on December 2nd and in the Microeconomics Research Seminar at Universität Hamburg on December 12th: Link
- November 2019: Florian Diekert will present "The Nature of Experience" at the Environmental and Development Economics Seminar at Universität Hamburg on November 27th.
- October 2019: Florian Diekert has presented "The Creation of Social Norms Under Weak Institutions" at the NOBEC workshop at the University of Pensylvenia and at Duke University.
- October 2019: Interview with Florian Diekert on survey about compliance in Norwegian fisheries (in Norwegian): Link
- August 2019: Robbert Schaap has published "Overcapitalization and social norms of cooperation in a small-scale fishery" (joint work with Andries Richter) in Ecological Economics.
- August 2019: Robbert Schaap has presented "Prudence and Precautionary Saving by Natural Resource Users" during the Environmental Economics Brownbag Seminar at the ZEW Mannheim.
- July 2019: Frikk Nesje has presented "Cross-dynastic intergenerational altruism" at Heidelberg University and IRMBAM 2019 in Nice, France.
For past news and activities, visit the NATCOOP News Archive.