We study how nature shapes preferences and incentives of economic agents and how this in turn affects common-pool resource management. To this end, we will develop instructive theoretical models and validate these by data analysis and economic experiments in the field (fisheries in Norway, Chile, and Tanzania).
For more detailed information on our research please explore the research pages.
NEWS AND ACTIVITIES:
- December 2019: Frikk Nesje will present "Cross-dynastic intergenerational altruism" in the Microeconomics Research Seminar at Universität Hamburg on December 12th.
- November 2019: Florian Diekert will present "The Nature of Experience" at the Environmental and Development Economics Seminar at Universität Hamburg on November 27th.
- October 2019: Florian Diekert has presented "The Creation of Social Norms Under Weak Institutions" at the NOBEC workshop at the University of Pensylvenia and at Duke University.
- October 2019: Interview with Florian Diekert on survey about compliance in Norwegian fisheries (in Norwegian): Link
- August 2019: Robbert Schaap has published "Overcapitalization and social norms of cooperation in a small-scale fishery" (joint work with Andries Richter) in Ecological Economics.
- August 2019: Robbert Schaap has presented "Prudence and Precautionary Saving by Natural Resource Users" during the Environmental Economics Brownbag Seminar at the ZEW Mannheim.
- July 2019: Frikk Nesje has presented "Cross-dynastic intergenerational altruism" at Heidelberg University and IRMBAM 2019 in Nice, France.
- June 2019: Florian Diekert, Tilmann Eymess, and Robbert Schaap attended and presented their research at the 24th Annual Conference of the EAERE in Manchester, UK.
- June 2019: Frikk Nesje has presented "Cross-dynastic intergenerational altruism" at the University of Oslo, Norway.
- May 2019: Frikk Nesje has visited the University of Gothenburg, Sweden (host: Thomas Sterner).
- May 2019: Frikk Nesje has presented "Cross-dynastic intergenerational altruism" at the University of Freiberg.
- May 2019: Tillmann Eymess and Robbert Schaap have visited the 2nd GREEN-Econ Spring School in Environmental Economics at the Aix-Marseille School of Economics.
- May 2019: Tillmann Eymess has presented "Conforming with Norms of Cooperation" in the AEL-FHM meeting at the Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED) in Mannheim.
For past news and activities, visit the NATCOOP News Archive.