- African Leaders and the Geography of China’s Foreign Assistance (with Andreas Fuchs, Roland Hodler, Bradley C. Parks, Paul A. Raschky, Michael J. Tierney), Journal of Development Economics, forthcoming.
- The Effects of Foreign Aid on Refugee Flows (with Andreas Fuchs, Sarah Langlotz), European Economic Review 112: 127-147 (2019).
- Government Ideology in Donor and Recipient Countries: Does Political Proximity Matter for the Effectiveness of Aid? (with Anna Minasyan and Peter Nunnenkamp), European Economic Review 79: 80-92 (2015).
- The Political Economy of the United Nations Security Council. Money and Influence (with James Raymond Vreeland), Cambridge University Press (2014).
Runner up for The 2015 William H. Riker Award for the Best Book in Political Economy
- Development (Paradigm) Failures (with Roland Hodler), Journal of Development Economics 101: 63-74 (2013).
- Do IMF and World Bank programs induce government crises? An empirical analysis (with Martin Gassebner), International Organization 66, 2: 329-358 (2012).
- Does Conditionality Work? A Test for an Innovative US Aid Scheme (with Hannes Öhler and Peter Nunnenkamp), European Economic Review 56: 138-153 (2012).
- Read my lips: the role of information transmission in multilateral reform design (with Silvia Marchesi and Laura Sabani), Journal of International Economics 84: 86-98 (2011).
- Do Markets Care About Central Bank Governor Changes? Evidence from Emerging Markets (with Christoph Moser), Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 42, 8: 1589-1612 (2010).
- Government decentralization as a disincentive for transnational terror? An empirical analysis (with Justina A.V. Fischer), International Economic Review 51, 4: 981-1002 (2010).
- Development Aid and International Politics: Does membership on the UN Security Council influence World Bank decisions? (with Jan-Egbert Sturm and James Vreeland), Journal of Development Economics 88: 1-18 (2009).
Reprinted in: Helen Milner and Dustin Tingley (eds.), Geopolitics of Foreign Aid, Vol. II, chapter 19, Edward Elgar Publishing (2012).
- Global Horse Trading: IMF loans for votes in the United Nations Security Council (with Jan-Egbert Sturm and James Vreeland), European Economic Review 53: 742-757 (2009).
Top-cited article in the EER in the 2009-11 period.
Letzte Änderung: 14.04.2019