Julius Schölkopf, M.Sc.
Bergheimer Straße 58
Phone: +49 (0) 6221 54 2935
Office hours: by appointment only
Julius has completed the Master of Science degree in Economics at the University of Mannheim. During his studies, he completed an exchange semester at the University of Zurich. Furthermore, he gained work experience as an Intern in the quantitative risk analysis group of the banking supervision division of the Bundesbank and as a teaching assistant.
Macroeconometrics, especially the application of time series methods for business cycle, monetary policy, and financial markets analysis.
|since 2022||PhD student in Economics, Heidelberg University|
|2022-2023||First-year PhD courses at the Graduate School of Economics (GESS), University of Mannheim|
|2019-2022||Master of Science in Economics (with distinction), University of Mannheim|
|2020-2021||Visiting Student, Economics Program, University of Zurich (Switzerland)|
|2016-2019||Bachelor of Science in Economics, University of Heidelberg|
Work in Progress
Macroeconomic Announcements and the Volatility Feedback Effect (with Christian Conrad and Nikoleta Tushteva)
Conferences and Summer Schools
|2022||EABCN Training School (Subjective Inflation Expectations with Michael Weber and Franceso D’Acunto); EABCN Training School (High Frequency Analysis, News, Surprises and Shocks with Refet Gürkaynak)|
|Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Barcelona, (Spain). Macroeconometrics. High Dimensional Time Series|
|2020||Life in Kyrgyzstan Conference.|
- Inflation Projections and Monetary Policy (Seminar, jointly with Zeno Enders and Sarah Arndt, University of Heidelberg, Winter 2022)
- Economic and Social Statistics (Empirical Methods), Tutorial, University of Heidelberg (Bachelor, Summer 2022 and 2023)
- Economic Policy, Tutorial, University of Heidelberg (Bachelor, Summer 2022 and 2023)
- Introduction to Econometrics, Tutorial, University of Mannheim (Bachelor, Summer 2020)
- Economic and Social Statistics (Empirical Methods), Stata Tutorial, University of Heidelberg (Bachelor, Summer 2019)
- Key Competencies for an Effective Study, Lecturer, University of Heidelberg (Bachelor, Winter 2018)