- Professor Christian Conrad, Professor Jonas Dovern and Professor Fabian Krüger received a DFG grant for the project „Heterogeneity in macroeconomic expectations: the role of individual historical experiences, local conditions, and socio-economic characteristics“.
- Alexander Glas presented the paper "Overconfidence versus rounding in survey-based density forecasts" (joint with Matthias Hartmann) at the 19th IWH-CIREQ-GW Macroeconometric Workshop “Uncertainty, Expectations and Macroeconomic Modelling” in Halle (Saale) on December 13, 2018.
- HeiKaMEtrics-Seminar: On November 14, Stefan Voigt (Vienna Graduate School of Finance) will give a talk on "Limits to Arbitrage in Markets with Stochastic Latency" in the HeiKaMEtrics-Seminar. Location: Heidelberg University, Alfred-Weber-Institute, Room 01.030. The abstract can be found here.
- Prof. Christian Conrad discussed the paper "Measuring Financial Cycle Time" (by Marco Lombardi, Bank for International Settlements) at the Bundesbank Conference on Financial Cycles and Regulation on November 05-06, 2018.
- HeiKaMEtrics-Seminar: On October 22, Elmar Mertens (German Central Bank) will give a talk on "Modeling Time-Varying Uncertainty of Multiple-Horizon Forecast Errors" in the HeiKaMEtrics-Seminar. Location: Heidelberg University, Alfred-Weber-Institute, Room 00.010. The abstract can be found here.
In the winter term 2018/19 the Chair of Empirical Economics offers the following courses:
- Review Course Advanced Econometrics (Master)
- Advanced Econometrics (Master)
- Makroökonometrie (Bachelor)
- Seminar: Measurement and Econometric Modelling of Expectations (Master)
Latest Revision: 2019-01-07