BOA > Digital resources >
Terms and Conditions of Use for the DACHS
By using the Digital Archive for Chinese Studies (DACHS), you agree to be bound by all of the terms, conditions and policies stated here. Please read this page carefully before you use the material. In case you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, you are not permitted to use the material. We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice by updating this posting. Your continued or subsequent use of the DACHS after such amendments constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions.
2. Conditions and use of the archive
- The material available on the DACHS is exclusively intended for the use of study and research purposes. Therefore, access to the DACHS is restricted to password owners, and applicants must provide information on research purpose and institutional affiliation before being granted access. Access to the resources from within the Heidelberg University campus is possible with the URZ-password.
- The user is prohibited from permanently downloading, distributing or copying the material placed on the DACHS
- The materials contained in the DACHS are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. By accessing our archive, you acknowledge that those rights are the sole and exclusive property of the copyright and/or other intellectual property rights holder.
- If the user wishes to reproduce, distribute or otherwise use materials found in the DACHS collections, the authorization from the copyright owners or rights holders is required. We cannot authorize use of the material nor will we act as intermediaries to the transaction. Therefore, the users are obliged to inform themselves about rights and permission in light of their intended use.
- When a website owner authorizes communication of their work to the public without technological restrictions, we regard this as their implicit consent to the caching of their website.
- The DACHS only captures content which is freely available via Internet (we do not collect and archive fee-based or password-protected content)
- Opting out: We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require our users to do the same. If you are a website owner or have exclusive rights on material that is placed on the DACHS and do not want your material to be archived please contact us.
Last edited by: SV
Latest Revision: 2018-05-23