Dr. Angeliki Karagianni - Lebenslauf
- 2011- 2015
Post-doctoral Research Assistant in the B03 sub-Project at the Institut für Klassische Archäologie, Karls-Universität Heidelberg (Project SFB 933 "Materiale Textkulturen. Materialität und Präsenz des Geschriebenen in non-typographischen Gesellschaften").
- 2006 - 2011
PhD Research Degree at the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield, UK.
PhD dissertation: “Time in the Late Bronze Age Aegean: Examining Temporality in Knossos and Pylos on the basis of the Linear B documents and the archaeological record”.
- 2004 - 2005
Masters Degree in “Prehistory and Archaeology” at the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield, UK.
MA Thesis: “ Time, Calendar, and Temporal References in the Linear B tablets”.
- 1999 - 2004
Bachelor Degree in the Department of History, Archaeology and History of Art at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Filosofiki).
Professional Experience (Selection):
- Field archaeologist in systematic excavations:
- Agios Vasileios / Xirokampi (Sparta, Laconia), conducted by A.Vasilogamvrou (The Archaeological Society of Athens), 2014 season.
- Koumasa (South Crete), conducted by Prof.Diamantis Panagiotopoulos (University of Heidelberg, Germany), 2012 season.
- Galatas Pediadas (Heraklion Crete), conducted by Dr. G. Rethemiotakis and Dr. C. Christakis (23rd Ephorate of Heraklion), 2001-2009 seasons.
- Kalamakia, Areopolis (Laconia), conducted by Dr. A. Ntarlas (Ephorate of Palaeonathropology-Speleology, Athens), 2002 season.
- Field archaeologist in systematic surveys:
- Knossos (Crete), in the Knossos Urban Landscape Project (KULP), conducted by Dr. T.Whitelaw and Dr. A.Vasilakis (collaboration between the British School at Athens and the 23rd Ephorate of Heraklion): field walker in 2005 and 2007 seasons, member of the study-team in 2006 season and data computer-processing in 2006, 2008 and 2011 seasons.
- Trypiti (Crete), under Dr. A.Vasilakis and Dr. K.Sbonias (3rd Ephorate of Heraklion), 2007 season.
- Assistant archaeologist in preliminary studies of pottery assemblages from:
- Koumasa (South Crete), conducted by Prof. D. Panagiotopoulos (September 2013).
- Sactuary of Kato Syme, conducted by Dr. C. Christakis and Dr. K. Archontaki (April – July 2004).
- Pediada survey (Heraklion), conducted by Dr. M. Panagiotaki and N. Panagiotakis (February – May 2006).
- Galatas palace (Pediada, Heraklion), conducted by Dr. C. Christakis (September 2002).
- October 2012 - February 2013:
Teaching of an Ubüng in the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg entitled “The Archaeology of the Linear B tablets”.
- October- December 2007: T
eaching assistant in undergraduate tutorials for the course of ‘European Classical Civilizations’ in the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield.
Holder of a PhD fee-waver from the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield, UK.
Holder of the ‘Keith and Nong Branigan’ bursary from the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield, UK.
Holder of the ‘Matti Ergon’ grant from the Greek Archaeological Committee UK, London, and of the FfWG scholarship from the BFWG Charitable Foundation, Kent, UK.