Exchange ProgramUniversité de Montréal
Students of Heidelberg University can apply for two study places at the Université de Montréal in Québec / Canada. The Université de Montréal is extremely attractive not only because of its rich range of courses, but also because of its location in Montréal, Canada's second largest city. Students of all subjects can apply, with the exception of medicine and law.
September - end of April (one academic year)
Intermediate examination or three completed semesters at the time of starting the scholarship, and very good knowledge of French.
You can apply for the exchange programs via an online platform. Information on the required documents can be found on our pages and in the FAQs. If you have any questions about the application process, the Study Abroad Infocenter of the International Relations Department will be happy to help you. Only complete applications can be considered.
For Montreal, a separate application (not mixed with other Canadian exchange options) must be submitted as the application materials must be written in French. However, the report may be written in English. Subsequent submissions only after consultation with Ms. Doris Treichler.
October 30th, 2023
Documents to be submitted
- Online application form (English)
- Curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae (1-2 pages in French)
- Letter of motivation/Statement of purpose (approx. 1-2 pages in French)
- 2 letters of recommendation from university teachers (English)
- Official list of all attended courses or academic achievements with average grade (Transcript of Records), the correctness of the information must be confirmed by the institute (document in English)
- Language certificate (DAAD) as proof of French language skills
- If applicable, intermediate examination certificate/bachelor's degree certificate
- Baccalaureate certificate