Admission to the Preparatory Course (Studienkolleg) - Application documents

International nationals who have to take the assessment test before taking up a subject-related study programme apply for admission to the Studienkolleg for the desired specialisation course via the online portal heiCO with the following documents:

  • Certificate of higher education entrance qualification entitling the holder to study at a university in the respective country of origin (e.g. Abitur, Baccalauréat, GCE - A&O Levels, School Leaving Certificate etc.) including the corresponding lists of individual grades.  
    The translation of the degree certificate from a sworn translator into German or English must also be uploaded.
  • If applicable: Certificates or transcripts of university entrance examinations passed abroad, including the corresponding list of individual grades and - if available - the letter of admission from the foreign university. 
  • If applicable: All college and university certificates (colleges, academies, etc.) acquired, including the corresponding lists of individual grades per semester or year of study.
  • If applicable: All academic achievements (Transcript of Records) per semester or academic year, if the degree programme has not yet been completed.
  • Proof of knowledge of the German language; at the time of application, proof of at least 800 hours of German lessons or knowledge of German at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages should be provided.

Notes on foreign certificates / educational qualifications

Educational certificates (certificates, transcripts of records, certificates of university entrance examinations,...) must always be uploaded in the original, in the original language of the country of origin and (except for German- or English-language educational certificates) additionally in English or German translation by sworn translators. The translation of a certificate of education by a sworn translator into German or English must be uploaded in the original. If the original cannot be uploaded, the officially certified copy of the translation by the sworn translator must be uploaded.