CallsFlexible Conference Fund
Enhancing the research profile, promoting the expansion of extramural collaborations.
Object of Funding
Funding is provided for larger interdisciplinary conferences/summer schools within the thematic framework of Field of Focus 3. The thematic foci are:
- Cultural Heritage
- Knowledge research with a focus on practices of validity
- Transformation processes (Environmental Humanities)
- Area Studies
- Digital Humanities (Digital Heritage/Digital Linguistics)
The alignment of the conference must strengthen the profile of Field of Focus 3 in one of these foci through networking within the university and/or with external collaborative partners. At the time of application, networking must have already taken place with a structure already funded on the closest topic These structures are the „Heidelberg Forum Digital Humanities“ (HFDH) as well as the Thematic Research Networks „Wissensgeltung“ and „Stiftungen in der Longue Durée and Umwelten - Umbrüche – Umdenken“. A plan of how the targeted knowledge transfer of the research results is planned should emerge from the application.
Type of Funding
It can be applied for material and personnel funds (assitance funds). The financing of basic equipment-relevant positions is possible (this concerns workplace equipment, consumables, software, etc.).
Maximum application amount
All employees of Heidelberg University who have at least graduated are eligible to apply.
- Conference title
- Participating subjects
- Abstract (max. 1,000 characters)
- Detailed description of objectives, state of research, expected networking/profiling, yield and transfer measures (max. 15,000 characters)
- Preliminary conference program
- Financial and time schedule
- nformation on the applicant (scientific CV, selected publications)
- Maximum 10 pages in total (usual font size etc.).
The application is possible at anytime, depending on the budget. Please note the meeting dates of the Research Council: Applications must be received 14 days before the next meeting in order to be included on the agenda. Applications should be sent in electronic form (summarized in a PDF document) to Dr. Nele Schneidereit with the subject "FoF 3-Tagungsfond". Receipt of your application will be acknowledged within five working days.
The application will be submitted to the FoF 3 proposal Research Council (RC). The RC will make a funding recommendation, on which the Rectorate will decide. If you have any questions regarding the calls, please contact Dr. Nele Schneidereit by e-mail: