Enrolment of admitted international students
International students who have been admitted to study at Heidelberg University must personally enrol in the International Relations Office by the deadline specified in the letter of admission.
If your letter of admission requires the successful participation in an examination procedure, the respective examination (e.g. German language test for the admission to universities (DSH)) must be passed with the specified score. If you do not pass the examination, or do not achieve the required score, and have not been legally exempted, Heidelberg University will not enrol you in the degree programme specified in the letter of admission.
The documents typically required for enrolment are:
- Application for admission (available from the Service Portal)
- Letter of admission
- School leaving certificates and, where applicable, degree certificates relevant to admission (in the original)
- 1 passport picture (separate)
- Health insurance certificate for enrolment at the university issued by a statutory German health insurance provider or mandatory health insurance exemption certificate (access further information here)
- Passport (students from countries that require a visa for Germany require a passport with a visa/residence permit for study purposes for the respective degree programme at Heidelberg University. Students who have an electronic residence permit must also submit the extension page listing all incidental provisions for successful enrolment.)
- Other documents specified in the letter of admission, if applicable.
Please take all documents to the Service Portal at Heidelberg University (Seminarstraße 2, room 33).
The staff members can help you complete the enrolment application.
Final enrolment takes place in the Admissions Office for International Students (Seminarstraße 2, rooms 22-27).
For information on the semester fees and the additional tuition fees, if applicable, please click here.
Contact and Map
International Relations Office
Tel: +49 (0) 6221 / 545454