University Entrance Qualification
The university entrance qualification entitles the recipient to study at a university. The most common form is the Abitur from a general-education Gymnasium. However, there are other forms of entrance qualification certificates and means to obtain them.
If you received your university entrance qualification abroad, you must submit officially certified copies of the certificate itself, a statement certifying its equivalence to the German school-leaving certificate, and the overall average grade (issued by the Supervisory School Authority (Oberschulamt) of Stuttgart.
If your certificate was issued under a name other than your current name, your must submit the corresponding official change-of-name verification.
- General university entrance qualification (Abitur)
- Subject-specific university entrance qualification
- Professionals without university entrance qualification (info sheet, application and legal basis)
- Foreign certificates of education (German nationals)
- Foreign certificates of education (EU and EEA citizens)
Here you find further information concerning the university entrance qualification (on the website of the Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg, in German).