Financing Your Studies

It is expected that international students have sufficient funding at their disposal when they come to Heidelberg University. Therefore, Heidelberg University requires you to present a document explaining how you are going to finance your study visit (not applicable for EU / EEA nationals). Students cannot expect to be able to finance their studies by working or by working part-time. If you have any questions concerning labour laws, please contact the student advisory office at the International Office (e-mail:

Information on scholarships, in particular on those of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), is available with the German diplomatic and consular representations and with German cultural institutions all over the world. For further information, please read this information leaflet and visit the respective websites of the student services organisation (“Studierendenwerk”).

Editor: e-mail
Latest Revision: 2016-07-22
zum Seitenanfang/up