Information for students
The application period for the Germany Scholarship for the 2017 | 2018 winter semester has expired.
The next application period probably will be from July 15 to August 31, 2018.
Information on the application process
Please read the following information carefully.
Who can apply?
- New students who have applied for a study place at Heidelberg University for the 2018 | 2019 winter semester or those who are already enrolled
- Advanced-semester or master’s students who have applied to or are enrolled at Heidelberg University for the 2018 | 2019 winter semester
- Students enrolled at Heidelberg University (except for short-term students, doctoral students, students in the preliminary induction German course or the preparatory course (Studienkolleg)).
Anyone receiving aptitude or performance-based financial support of 30 euros or more per month on average cannot receive a Germany Scholarship, even if approved. You can still apply for a Germany Scholarship if you are receiving other support in the amount specified above, but if approved, you must choose one or the other and might have to take a leave of absence from the Germany Scholarship for the corresponding period. BAföG is not considered as another support.
Note: New and continuing medical informatics students apply at Heilbronn University.
When can I apply?
The application period for the next funding period (2018 | 2019 winter semester and 2019 summer semester) will probably be 15 July to 31 August 2018 (this applies to the online application and written application, as well as records and certificates).
How do I apply?
Applications must be submitted in electronic form. To complete the application, a signed print-out of the online application and the following documents must be received by the university no later than 31 August 2018. A certified translation into German or English is required for any application documents not written in German or English.
|Step 1:||Registration for the online application portal from 15 July 2018.|
|Step 2:||Complete online application and send by 31 August 2018.|
|Step 3:||Print out and sign the online application form and send it along with necessary records and certificates to Heidelberg University | University Administration | Division 8 | Department 8.2 |
Seminarstr. 2 | 69117 Heidelberg by 31 August 2018
(the receipt stamp date applies).
Application documents for 2018 | 2019 winter semester
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- For new students and undergraduate students in their second subject-related semester, the record of their university entrance qualification; foreign certificates require a copy of the original certificate (with final grade), an official translation in German or English and if available a conversion to the German grading system, one copy each, (if you don't have a conversion to the German grading system, please submit only your diploma incl. an official translation. Our colleagues of the international office will transfer your grades.)
- If available, a copy of the first university diploma, or if this is not yet available, a copy of a temporary certificate of the final grade. Diplomas of foreign universities require a copy of the original certificate (with final grade), an official translation in German or English and if available a conversion to the German grading system, one copy each, (if you don't have a conversion to the German grading system, please submit only your diploma incl. an official translation. Our colleagues of the international office will transfer your grades.)
- One copy each of verification of specially recognised activities per § 6 (2) voluntary engagement, completed voluntary internships, completed professional training, study-accompanying employment, prizes, awards, or other special family or personal circumstances to be taken into consideration in the selection process according to § 6 (2)
- A current enrolment certificate (2018 | 2019 winter semester) or a copy of the notification of admission (2018 | 2019 winter semester)
- For students in their third subject-related semester (2018 | 2019 winter semester) or higher , provide proof of your current performance, current date:
Usually the overall grade average is provided. The following degree programmes are excepted:
Students of human medicine in the pre-clinical stage submit evidence in the form of a qualified overall certificate including percentile ranks (Heidelberg faculty) or semester ranking (Mannheim faculty).
In the clinical stage, verification is submitted in the form of a copy of the certificate of Part One of the National Medical Licensing Exam (including results) and an overall certificate of clinical accomplishments.
Dentistry students in the pre-clinical stage submit verification in the form of a qualified overall certificate including percentile rankings and, as of the 5th semester, performance records for the Technical Propaedeutics Course and Phantom Course I of Dental Prosthetics.
In the clinical stage, verification is submitted in the form of a copy of the certificate of the preliminary exam in dentistry (including preliminary examination in the natural sciences) and certificates of clinical accomplishments.
Law students submit verification by specifying their average number of points.
The written online application documents must be received by Heidelberg University between 15 July and 31 August 2018 (date received stamp applies). If the enrolment certificate, notification of admission, first university diploma, certificate of Part One of the National Medical Licensing Exam or the performance records for the Technical Propaedeutics Course or Phantom Course I of Dental Prosthetics, or activities from the summer semester completed by 31 August 2018 are not available by the end of the application period, copies must be submitted no later than 15 October 2018.