Childrens's Centre of Heidelberg University

Hauptstra├če 126
69117 Heidelberg
Fon: +49(0)6221 54-7697
Fax: +49(0)6221 54-7271

Contact via email

Opening hours:
Mon-Fri 8:00 -12:00 am

For counseling please make an appointment via phone or email

Home > Courses >

Child-raising allowance


Unihd Kidsclub 6245Child-raising allowance for childbirth/adoption is a voluntary service of the State of Baden-Württemberg since January 1st 2007, which may be paid subsequent to the parent’s money. There is no legal entitlement to get child-raising allowance.

Child-raising allowance is paid subsequent to the parents’ money from the 13. or 15. month of life/child care for 10 month. The payment may not start earlier than the month after the last payment of parents’ money and ends no later than the 22. respectively 24. month of live. As far as the parents’ money got extended both services may apply at the same time..

The amount of the child-raising allowance depends on the income. In case of multiple birth the amount increases.

Child-raising allowance requests a written application. You may apply no earlier than in the 10th month of life/child care. It may be paid retroactively for no more than six month before application. The application may be made directly at the L-Bank ( or at the citizen centres.


Editor: Email
Latest Revision: 2012-03-20
zum Seitenanfang/up