[ Archive 2001 ]
[ Archive 2000 ]
[ Archive 1999 ]
[ Archive 1998 ]
27 November 2002
- International Diplomacy in Heidelberg
First Harvard WorldMUN conference at a German university 23 to 27 March 2003, 700 student delegates from over 60 countries Conference simulates the work of international organisations
21 November 2002
- University of Heidelberg in Brussels
Establishing research contacts in Europe University of Heidelberg presents its top-line research achievements Centre of Interdisciplinary Scientific Computing takes the stage in Brussels on 10 December
23 October 2002
- Interdisciplinary Lecture Series "TYPICALLY AMERICAN!" Officially Opened
Rector Prof. Hommelhoff: "It would be chastening indeed if Europeans should prove unable to establish a European identity without a degree of anti-American feeling"
21 October 2002
- Foundation Stone Laid for International Hall of Residence
At the foundation ceremony for the "Max Kade International Hall of Residence" Rector Prof. Hommelhoff emphasised the "far-sightedness and hands-on commitment of American citizens and their governments"
19 October 2002
- New Honorary Senators at the University of Heidelberg: Dr. Freudenberg, Dr. Hachmann and Prof. Osheroff
On Saturday 19 October the University of Heidelberg conferred the status of Honorary Senator on Dr. Reinhart Freudenberg, Dr. Hans G. Hachmann and Prof. Dr. Douglas D. Osheroff
17 October 2002
- "Typically American!" Series of Public Interdisciplinary Lectures at the University of Heidelberg
The University of Heidelberg's first-ever series of interdisciplinary lectures on the United States of America begins on Tuesday, 22 October 2002 in the Great Hall of the Old University
14 October 2002
- New Impulses for the Humanities at the University of Heidelberg
Invitation to the opening ritual for long-term collaborative research programme No. 619 in cultural studies "Dynamics of Ritual" (Monday, 21 October 2002, 6.15 p.m., Great Hall of the Old University, Grabengasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg)
9 October 2002
- Are the Germans Still a "People of Poets and Philosophers"?
In the winter semester 2002/2003, the Studium Generale series of public lectures at the University of Heidelberg casts academic light on the national education debate triggered by the Pisa study Vice-rector Prof. Tröger extends a warm welcome to all interested
7 October 2002
- Commemorative Ceremony for Prof. Gadamer on 15 February 2003
Laudatio to be delivered by Jacques Derrida The University of Heidelberg, the Academy of Sciences and the Department of Philosophy honour the great philosopher
1 October 2002
- Evaluators: University of Heidelberg has Achieved "Outstanding Results" and a "World-Ranking Centre of Competence" in Scientific Computing
Final report submitted today by the work group of the State Research Advisory Committee Baden-Württemberg on "Cross-Section Evaluation in the Information Sciences" Rector Prof. Dr. Peter Hommelhoff: "Policy of the University of Heidelberg and excellence in one of our core research fields impressively confirmed"
31 May 2002
- University of Heidelberg Job Mart Goes One Better
University of Heidelberg's Science-Jobs-De is the only nation-wide, cross-disciplinary information service for academic job vacancies in Germany 38,000 callers in the last week New cooperation with Next Wave
28 May 2002
- University of Heidelberg Offers New Postgraduate Course in Hanoi
The University of Heidelberg is offering a new M.Sc. course in health economics in Hanoi (Vietnam) Application for World Bank-funded project successful against keen competition
15 May 2002
- Encouraging Excellence in Hungary
University of Heidelberg and German-speaking Andrássy University in Budapest sign cooperation agreement Rector Prof. Dr. Peter Hommelhoff: "New format for exporting teaching" Rector Prof. Dr. György Hazai: "We are proud and grateful that the Hungarian government has taken this initiative"
25 March 2002
- Research Magazine "Ruperto Carola 1/2002": Pain Memory
New research projects from the University of Heidelberg Title story by Herta Flor: Can pain memory be deleted? Other topics: Everyday life in ancient Aphrodisias Genetic striptease for insurance cover? Molecules on the cell trip Land and literature Biomolecular machines
27 February 2002
- From Heidelberg to the World
University of Heidelberg's new Centre in Chile Vice-rector Prof. Dr. Angelos Chaniotis' press interview with the Rhein-Neckar Zeitung (Heidelberg) Interviewer: Heribert Vogt
13 February 2002
- Young Blood for the University of Heidelberg
Average age of professors lowered appreciably 16 newly appointed professors at the University Wide range of disciplines: theology, natural sciences, medicine, law, geography
6 February 2002
- Rector Prof. Dr. Peter Hommelhoff outlines new structures for the University of Heidelberg 2001-2005
Structure and Development Plan 2001-2005 Faculty reshuffle approved unanimously by Senate on 5 February Hommelhoff: "Heidelberg University sees itself as a research university; accordingly, its teaching is geared to research."
5 February 2002
- New Chair of Molecular Virology at the University of Heidelberg
Prof. Dr. Chica Schaller and Prof. Dr. Heinz Schaller have donated to the University of Heidelberg the financial resources for the establishment of a new chair of molecular virology New impetus for infection research at the University Rector Prof. Dr. Peter Hommelhoff thanked the donors and underlined the importance of private initiative for the encouragement of innovative research ventures
1 February 2002
- Digital Coach for Olympic Swimmers?
Scientists at the European Media Laboratory are collaborating with the University of Heidelberg's Institute of Sport and Sport Science to develop an electronic swimming trainer "DigiCoach" Digital sensor technology can help improve performance
Page maintained by Pressestelle der Universität Heidelberg,
Copyright © Pressestelle der Universität Heidelberg.