Application and Admissions
The Master’s degree program in Political Science is open to all graduates of BA or comparable degree programs with a political or social science component comprising at least 35 credit Points.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of their prior academic performance, the focus of their bachelor course of studies and their personal and professional potential. A portion of the 40 admissions will be assigned during a first stage based on academic performance (BA diploma/transcript of records) and the statement of purpose. In a second stage, selection interviews will be held with the remaining applicants.
- Application deadline: May 15th/November 15th
- Applicant day/Selection interviews: in July
- Applications are submitted online; additional documents are to be submitted on paper.
Essential application documents:
- Transcript of Records;
- BA diploma, if available; otherwise: a preliminary diploma;
- Statement of purpose and curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge of German (http://www.uni-heidelberg.de/courses/prospective/admission_int/knowledge_german.html)