Advisory Service and Project Management German Research Foundation
The Heidelberg Research Service of the Research Division advises and supports postdoctoral researchers of the university in the conceptual design of all DFG-funded research projects and the associated application process.
To ready applicants for CRC proposals and DFG research training groups, Heidelberg Research Service offers intensive coaching in the form of advisory meetings and reviews.
Heidelberg Research Service provides support for third-party funding and for project management. For large third-party funded projects, Heidelberg Research Service can assume responsibility for coordination and project management. Services include financial management, advisory services and legal support, knowledge transfer and, in cooperation with Congress and Conference Management (UniKT), consulting, planning and holding scientific conferences and events.
Services provided include:
- Assessment of relevant documents (guidelines, work programmes, calls for proposals)
- Assistance with applications and formalities
- Support in structuring projects
- Time management during the application phase
- Creation of a resource and financial plan
- Support in wording the application (e.g., “project management” or “equal opportunities concept”)
- Help in handling legal issues (e.g., consortium agreements or exploitation rights)
- Help with linguistic review and layout
- Advice and support in the financial management of third-party funding projects
- Setup of third-party fund and overhead accounts
- Advice and support in the legal management of third-party funding projects (general third-party fund guidelines and funder-specific guidelines)
- Collection of key indicators for third-party funds (internal and external relations)
- Verification of expense reports
- Creation of donation receipts