Forschergruppe FOR 759
The Formation of Planets:
The Critical First Growth Phase
In this project we aim at answering the following questions:
- Can we estimate the degree of crystallinity from IR spectra and hence the activation energy or do we need additional methods of analysis?
- Is the crystallisation process depending on shape and porosity (i.e. volume filling factor) of the sample?
Further open questions which are also related to other projects
(A2, B2, B3, D2):
- Do the dust particles have a higher porosity than assumed?
- Could a higher porosity influence the sticking conditions of two colliding particles?
- Could it influence the formation of dust aggregates?