Alexander Glas presented the paper "Overconfidence versus rounding in survey-based density forecasts" (joint with Matthias Hartmann) at the 11th RGS Doctoral Conference in Economics of the University Duisburg-Essen, February 22, 2018.
- On February 22, Manfred Deistler (TU Vienna) and Alexander Braumann (TU Braunschweig) will give a talk in the HeiKaMEtrics Seminar. Manfred Deistler presents the paper "Generalized Linear Dynamic Factor Models - A Structure Theory" and Alexander Braumann the paper "Bootstrapping for Vector Autoregression Estimates in Generalized Dynamic Factor Models". Location: University of Mannheim, L7, 3-5, Room S 031. Link to the abtract (Deistler, Braumann).
- On January 25, 2018, the fourth HeiKaMEtrics Doctoral Workshop takes place at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. The workshop is jointly organized by Prof. Christian Conrad (Heidelberg University), Prof. Melanie Schienle (KIT) and Prof. Carsten Trenkler (University of Mannheim). The program is available here.
- Christian Conrad persented the paper "Two are better than one: volatility forecasting using multiplicative component GARCH models" (joint with Onno Kleen) in the Statistik-Kolloquium, University of Gießen, January, 23, 2018.
- Christian Conrad persented the paper "Two are better than one: volatility forecasting using multiplicative component GARCH models" (joint with Onno Kleen) in the Seminar on Statistics and Econometrics, Kiel University, January 18, 2018.
- HeiKaMEtrics-Seminar: On January 10, Jörg Breitung (University of Cologne) will give a talk on "Asymmetric Impulse Responses". Location: Heidelberg University, Alfred-Weber-Institute, Bergheimer Str. 58, Room 01.030, 17:00-18:00. The abstract con be found here.
In the summer term 2018 the Chair of Empirical Economics offers the following courses:
- Economic and Social Statistics (Bachelor)
- Empirical Finance (Bachelor and Diploma)
- Seminar Applied Econometric Methods (Master and Diploma)