Society for the Promotion of the Schurman Library for American History at the University of Heidelberg
D 68165 Mannheim
Aims of the Society
The Society for the Promotion of the Schurman Library for American History at the University of Heidelberg has the following agenda:
- Support for the installation and consolidation of the Schurman Library for American History at the History Department of the University of Heidelberg
- Promotion of teaching and research in American History at the University of Heidelberg
- Organization of the Schurman Lectures in American History, Politics, Economy and Society
- Provision of the “Schurman Scholarship in American History“
- Awarding the € 5,000 “Schurman Prize in American History, Politics and Culture“
Motives of the Society
The members of the society share the conviction that it is indispensable to deepen the transatlantic dialogue between Germany and the United States. In times of crisis, we believe that common interests in politics, economy, and security are not enough to keep the German-American relation intact as the foundation of the transatlantic community ..
The members are leading personages of the economic and scientific community as well as public figures.
Funds / Donations
The Society is funded by membership fees and donations which are tax deductible.
Verein zur Förderung der Schurman-Bibliothek e.V.
Bank data: Baden-Württembergische Bank (Filiale Heidelberg)
Account number: 742 1501 253
Banc code number: 600 501 01
D 68165 Mannheim
Dr. Gerhard Vogel
D 67146 Deidesheim
Mailing Address of the Society
Verein zur Förderung der Schurman-Bibliothek e.V. an der Universität Heidelberg
c/o HCA Heidelberg Center for American Studies
z.H. Frau Larenz
D 69117 Heidelberg
Tel: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 - 37 10
Fax: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 - 37 19