L. H. Gade
Lutz H. Gade (b. 1963) holds a chair of inorganic chemistry at the University of Heidelberg and is a director of the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry. After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Bonn and the Technische Universität München, he went to Cambridge (United Kingdom) to work for his Ph.D. with Jack Lewis. Having returned to Germany after defending his doctoral thesis in 1991, he joined the Chemistry Department at the University of Würzburg, were he finished his habilitation in 1996 and where he subsequently worked as a lecturer. In 1998 he moved to the Université Louis Pasteur (Strasbourg, France) to take up a full professorship in inorganic chemistry and to become the Head of the Laboratory of Organometallic Chemistry and Catalysis. He moved to his present position in Heidelberg in October 2003 where he has also been Dean of the Faculty and Chairman of the collaborative research centre (SFB 623) on molecular catalysis. Prof. Gade is currently the chairman of the collaborative research center (SFB 1249) on N-heteropolycycles as functional materials. He is a member of the Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and Humanities.