Visiting Scholar Card
International scholars at the University of Heidelberg who are teaching or working at a University institute or facility without an employment contract with the University can apply for an visiting scholar card. The visiting scholar card certifies that the holder is a member of the University of Heidelberg. It can be used to obtain:
- a library card from the University library
- a Mensa (cafeteria) card
- a card for the University sports center
International scholars with an employment contract with the University can obtain - as always - a certificate of employment upon request from the personnel department of the central University administration.
Sample of a visiting scholar card:
How do I apply for a visiting scholar card?
In order to obtain a visiting scholar card, you must register at the Welcome Centre for International Scholars via online-registration.
To apply for a visiting scholar card you will also need:
- a digital passport photo (JPEG format)
- a certificate from your host institute regarding your stay in Heidelberg
You can send us the necessary documents by email (email@example.com) or by fax (542243). As you will need to sign the I.D. card, we would ask you to pick it up in person at the Welcome Centre for International Scholars.
We are located:
- in the city centre: Central University Administration Building, Seminarstr. 2, Room 141
Office hours: Monday – Friday 10 am to 1 pm
- in Neuenheimer Feld: Service Point INF on the ground floor of the Zentralmensa (cafeteria) (INF 304)
Office hours: Tuesday 10 am to 2 pm, Thursday 12:30 to 2:30 pm and 5 to 7 pm